Level 1 Support
Qualified installation and support specialists that are
fully conversant with the applications and operation provide
first level support for our products. In certain cases,
we may elect to have a certified consultant provide Level
1 support. First level support persons are trained and certified
by Acom Computer Systems, or by Open Universal Software.
Acom Computer Systems communicates and coordinates activities
directly with the consultant. End users should contact Acom
Computer Systems directly. Acom Computer Systems will contact
the end user directly where necessary or appropriate.
Level I support duties include:
• Providing all communications with the end user.
• Installation and configuration of the Open/36 solution.
• Testing and ensuring the system and all software
perform properly after installation.
• Ensuring that migration tasks are completed successfully.
• Distributing upgrades, new releases, and documentation.
• Reviewing documentation with the customer.
• Instructing the customer, or installing upgrades
when they become available.
• Providing telephone and modem support for the clients.
• Communicating any program fixes from Level 2 and
Level 3 support organizations.
Level 2 Support
Level 2 support services are provided by in house specialists
or certified consultants.
Level 2 support duties includes:
• Communicating with Level 1 and Level 3 support
• Helping Level I support organizations resolve problems.
• Providing electronic support to the Level 1 support
organizations and clients who have not elected to install
and configure modems on their hosts.
• Checking for application program bugs.
• Checking for errors caused by the operating system
• Checking problem lists and informing the customer
of any alternative solutions.
• Investigating any performance problems caused by
• Working with Level 1 support to isolate client problems.
• Communicating verified problems to Level 3 support.
• Assisting Level 3 support with problem resolutions
• Communicating Level 3 program fixes to Level 1 organizations.
• Making temporary fixes to client problems where
• Distributing upgrades, new releases and documentation.
• Suggesting new functionality for applications and
Level 3 Support
Acom Computer Systems and / or Open Universal Software
engineers provide level 3 support services.
Open/36 support specialists are highly experienced Open/36
and UNIX professionals. If they cannot resolve a problem,
they have access to the development team, who work with
them to resolve the issue. If the problem is particularly
difficult to isolate, the development team may contact Level
1 and Level 2 support organizations or the customer. When
appropriate, Level 3 staff will dial into the customer's
machine to observe and resolve the problem.
Level 3 support duties include:
• Communicating with customer support to learn of
• Helping customer support resolve customer problems.
• Helping support consultants resolve customer problems.
• Providing electronic support to clients.
• Correcting defects where the applications behave
differently than documented.
• Correcting defects where Open/36 behaves differently
• Providing releases notes and other documentation
on applications and Open/36.